FITS THE FOLLOWING EXHAUSTS:
Vance & Hines Double Barrel Staggereds
SMARTPARTZ PART NUMBER:
2 Hard Kore Quiet Baffles,
1 Allen Key.
Use Loctite on all screws.
Use WD40 on end of original baffle to ease reinstallation.
1. Remove the heat shield and original baffle with allen key provided.
2. Drill 5/16” hole in original baffle 5/16ths of an inch from end.
3. Insert Hard Kore Quiet Baffle into original baffle so that the Hard Kore Baffle is hard up against the end of the original baffle and the threaded tab is centered in the hole you drilled.
4. Reinsert original baffle with Hard Kore Baffle into exhaust pipe. Align hole. Reinsert allen screw from original baffle through the exhaust pipe, through the hole you drilled and into the Smartpartz Hard Kore Quiet Baffle, and tighten.
5. Reinstall the heatshield.
* NOTES :
(1) The baffles may create a slightly rich condition in some circumstances. As with all motor modifications, some rejetting may be required.